Sunday, July 18, 2010

Transition

I am reminded this week... Ok, reminded might be too friendly of a word. I have been hit by a 2x4 over the head this past week with transition, and with my personal struggles in this arena. I'm a planner. I like to have my life organized around me. I like to know what is happening next. I like order. I like being prepared. None of these are bad characteristics. However, it is a good thing to be reminded at times to be present in the moment, to be flexible and to allow my days to be organic, to flow, to allow for change, upset, newness. Without this flexibility, it is possible to miss out on phenomenal shifts in our lives. And, without allowing and being present and grounded through change, we tend to see these transitions as a major stressor, allowing them to derail our lives, affect our moods, our sleep, our relationships.

In my case, there is much joy and gratitude in some of this transition. We are welcoming Renee Howard, LMT back to Soaring Crane Clinic. She has created a beautiful massage and healing space in the basement of our clinic and it is truly a blessing to have her working with us once again.

We also are welcoming Joanie Kirk, ND to Soaring Crane. Dr Joanie practiced Naturopathic Medicine in New Mexico for many years before making her way to Alaska. She will be seeing patients at the clinic on Fridays and Saturdays. Joanie brings an incredible amount of experience and a gifted healing presence to our space. Joanie works with allergy assessment and treatment as well as family practice, adding a modality to the clinic we have not had before and providing us with the ability to treat patients six days a week. She will be writing the article for this summers newsletter so I will allow her to introduce herself to you in greater detail.

 Thirdly, we will soon be introducing a new office manager and I am excited to see what this person will offer and how our team will continue to grow and change.

And so, today, I am choosing to open myself to the new, to the transition, to the flex and flow of life changes. I will be placing my intention here as I practice yoga, as I meditate and I hope, as I answer phones, see patients, clean my house, interact with my husband, and all other tasks of daily life. And, I encourage you to ponder how transition affects you on a daily basis. How well do you allow life's changes to come your way and how do you maintain your center while being open to the new and the different? 

Dr Amy

1 comment:

  1. Amy,
    I can relate. Making changes and rolling with them can be challenging. When I stay connected and 'in feel', I can know what the right next move is going to be and if I am on the tight track. So often I have resorted to slogging my way through to a decision, 'thinking' or rationalizing things and ended up at a dead end at best.
    I appreciate your willingness to be vulnerable through these changes and experience the rapid growth of your practice. I am thrilled to be part of it. To have Soaring Crane be open 6 days a week for patients is a great service to the community.
    I felt that Palmer was the place for me when I first moved up here 3 summers ago, but I couldn't see how it was going to work, commuting from Anchorage seemed so far! Now with my intention to serve also up the Glenn up toward Glennallen and Copper Center and to be spending more time at our cabin up on the Glenn, it all makes sense. It is a matter of trusting my intention and knowing that everything always works out for me.
    In the Avatar Course that I teach, we talk about different types of beliefs, type 1, 2, 3, and 4. Type 1 are based on emotions and are more fear based beliefs. Type 2 are the transparent beliefs that we accept without really examining them, type 3 are based on evidence, scientific facts. Type 4 beliefs we create and believe because it is what we wish to have in our lives. These require courage and determination to create. We know it is going to happen, we may not be able to see how. Sometimes with a type 4 belief we feel a little out of control or out on a limb. This may be such a time and belief. As we move forward with what we know and our intention to serve, I believe many good things are happening for us individually, the clinic and most importantly our patients and the community.
    To the betterment of the health of us all!
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete